Are you considering taking out insurance for the costs of your funeral? There are twelve different funeral insurance companies in the Netherlands. They offer different types of insurance. Adv-mem disadvantages come with every type of insurance. Why is it important to compare funeral insurance policies? Because by comparing you can find a funeral insurance policy that meets your wishes.
What should you pay attention to when comparing funeral insurance policies?
The type of insurance. As mentioned before, there are different types of funeral insurance policies. Endowment insurance pays out a certain amount in the event of death, while in-kind insurance offers compensation for a pre-arranged package of funeral services. When comparing funeral insurance policies, delve into the advantages and disadvantages of the endowment insurance and the in-kind insurance.
· Determining the coverage. Do you opt for endowment insurance? Then you will have to estimate the costs of your funeral. Then you know what amount must be paid out by the insurer on your death. With in-kind insurance you have to determine whether the package of funeral services meets your wishes. For example, you can opt for a more extensive package of services at a higher premium.
· Choosing indexation? The costs of a funeral, due to inflation and other factors, increase every year. You can therefore opt for indexation. The amount that is paid will then increase annually. You will then pay more and more premium.
· Selecting the duration. You must pay a premium during the term of an insurance policy. Has the term expired? Then you simply remain insured. Compare the funeral insurance policies with each other. There are funeral insurance policies where you can choose different terms. There are also funeral insurance policies where you can pay the premium in one go via a single purchase price.
· The terms of the insurance. When comparing funeral insurance, always pay attention to the terms and conditions of the insurance. Why? Because all kinds of restrictive conditions can apply. For example, the children are not co-insured, or the insurance can only be bought off at high costs.
Looking for cheap funeral insurance
Of course you can look on the internet for the cheapest funeral insurance. It is important not only to look at the premium. When comparing cheap funeral insurance policies, you should also pay attention to:
· The duration. You must pay premium during the term. With a low premium, the term is long. It may be cheaper to opt for a shorter term and a slightly higher premium.
· Cover. What will the surviving relatives receive, or which services will be provided, after your death?
· Conditions. With a very low premium, many restrictive conditions may apply, such as an indexation not being built in.